Starting in January 2018, VAI will be offering a new youth enrichment program, the BRAVE project, for Asian-American youth aged 12-14. The program and its curriculum was developed by VAI in collaboration with professors from Loyola University Chicago. The project aims to enhance our youths’ capacity to achieve at school, home and in the future. All services will be provided free of charge by staff trained by Loyola University Chicago and Masters students from the university.
All participants will receive:
- Weekly tutoring by university students
- Classes for youth and parents on understanding the American high school system and college application process
- High school entrance exam support
- Afterschool programs including yoga, coding and field trips
- 1 on 1 mentoring for all youth by Masters-level social workers
- Campus visits and summer camp to Loyola University Chicago
- Volunteer opportunities
- Individual/family counselling, if needed.
Youth will attend the program on Monday and Wednesday from 330pm-6pm, or Tues and Thurs from 330-6pm. All activities, except for campus visits and field trips, will be held at the VAI office on 5110 N Broadway.
For more information or to participate:
Deborah Ho (Chinese/English)
(773)728-3700 ext. 25
Tony Pham (Vietnamese/English)
(773)728-3700 ext. 23